It's not really just a journey...it's life. It's hard, it's fun and it's an adventure!
Monday, July 4, 2011
July 4th - The start - "What am I doing?"
Okay, I am 42 and I am just starting to blog for the first time. I'm not quite sure that I've made up my mind what this blog will really be about yet...daily life (boring), kids (too old), work (boring), thoughts for the day.... is the one i am most intrigued by. The end of each day I am going to blog about my thoughts during the day, how i felt and why. Not sure that anyone cares but I am trying to be a happier person to get off my ass and not be such a slug all the time. I see all these people running around filling every waking moment with something to do. I don't think that is for me. I like to watch TV and play video games with my family, i supposed that is not completely nothing but compared to what others do, it is really minimal. I know people who spend every waking moment doing, be it going here or there or making something or cleaning something or god knows what. Some do it in the name of their kids, some do it because they "have" to. I'm trying to figure out how to motivate myself to do the preverbial "more". To do even the things I know i need to get added into my life. Exercise being one of them. Family time being another. Entertaining - because I enjoy entertaining just not cleaning up afterwards. Wine Club. Book Club. Kayak. So many things I have that I can fill my days with besides work....but I just don't....why? that is what I am looking for here...to see why. Hopefully in writing this blog I will be able to see patterns and get advise as to what I can do to be happy and have a full life. I know it can be fuller....I'm pretty happy though, but then of course if I knew i was that happy i wouldn't start a blog like this now would I. Agh well. Here we go, we will see how the day ends up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment