This year I've decided to can some apples....we love to go to the orchard and pick a ton of apples and desert is okay but i want something that i can have for more than just those few weeks. SO i am going to make apple sauce and apple butter...as well as preserved apples. I think apple butter might be a great gift for the holidays!!
In searching for the perfect apple for those items...I find that it is all a personal perspective. I think I will go for sweet apples this time to make the butter so that I don't have to add so much sugar. We will see how that goes for me. It will be my first cooking experience I will put in my blog.
I will say that, it fascinates me what I can learn to do on the Internet. What I think is sad is that well those things that used to be handed down through generations is now.... there for all... from people we don't know. So I find myself wondering what my legacy is to my children? My grandma taught me to make bacon bread and kilbasa from scratch, my mom showed me how to decorate and entertain with style and on a budget. I guess time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment