For pete sake got on the scale this morning...about cried. I know why I'm gaining weight so why am I so screwed up that I can't stop doing the things that are bad for me. Okay I CAN stop right...it's called will power or resolve or plain old self control. Geez seems like I have none of those things. Okay so today has been really good so far, I think the key is to eat consistently throughout the day, not all at once. So we are going to try that approach. I'll let you know how that turns out...
I missed book club last night because I didn't feel good ... the next one is at my house which is my motivation to get my butt in gear and get some stuff done around the house. Like the carpet on the stairs for sure!!! So I am excited about that.... I like to entertain, but haven't done it in forever because i really don't like my house right now.... my kitchen is a pit and needs to be redone, maybe I'll post some pictures and you can see what i mean.
The copier and i have already had a run in today. Technology can really complicate your life some times ... and over the dumbest stuff, copies seems like an easy thing right yah...ok whatever. I've spent my whole morning screwing with the copy machines..ugh...so much for time savers.
Bullying...Mean Children....I would like to touch on the subject. I know that all kids, even mine say things in the heat of the moment and are definitely influenced by the kids around them (mob mentality)...even if they don't like the ones around them. Some boy called my son a "faggot" ... I mean really!!! It was because he couldn't do a push up, now my answer to that is that RJ has got to change his behavior if he doesn't like being called names because he can't do something....but then i think about it, now granted he needs to be healthier and he needs to exercise but why should he do it because someone else is an asshole? But then I think about it some more..and believe that we are usually motivated by fitting in and by conforming right? Sigh...so do i push him to exercise and learn to do a push up and be more FIT so that he doesn't have to endure this type of scrutiny and meanness ?? and then I think some more, and I think he gets picked on because he is sensitive and he is not going to react, he even said he wanted to punch the kid in the face...but he just walked away and then internalized the way he felt. So by helping him to learn to do a push up and be more fit is only going to make one problem go away and another one pop up, some kids are mean and will find any reason they can to tease someone and hurt their feelings. What does a parent do? How do we help our kids figure out how to deal with these things? I mean it really doesn't go away does it? Adults do it, I chose not to hang with those types of adults and they are usually not as brazen as children are and only say things about you behind your back.....sigh....where are the answers?
No comments:
Post a Comment