I am really getting into this cooking thing...as long as I don't have to do it during the week. I just don't have the energy when I get home....but the weekends were made for cooking...and eating...which is the problem.
I really like to eat...I like flavorful dishes, now I know that you don't have to use high fat ingredients but let's face it some things just taste better that way. The search continues for recipes for foods I love but without the guilt and weight I seem to gain. Moderation right...ya that is a concept just outside my reach...self control is the current thing I am practicing and it's not going fantastic.
I am definately an emotional or boredom eater. I have started to make large bowls of air popped popcorn because I like to nibble...constantly. SO popcorn and veggies no dip are my current choices for this vice. I don't buy anything else that I can nibble on that will kill my weight loss efforts. Of course I really kill my efforts with the wine..the wine is the devil.
I enjoy a glass of wine after work.....not a 4oz glass of wine. My favorite wine glass looks like a fish bowl with one leg. So is it worth it...can I give up the wine until Thanksgiving.....none, not on the weekend .. just none until Thanksgiving.....I'm going to give it a try. It will help me practice self control as well so I am killing two birds with one stone per say.
Wish me luck (and yes I mean all alcohol, not just wine) !!!
No comments:
Post a Comment