Sunday, October 16, 2011

It's getting colder..

Okay granted, I'm not a huge fan of rain and crappy weather when I have to go somewhere.  But on a day like today, where I'm cleaning house, baking cookies and getting some dinner's ready for the week...I'M A HUGE FAN....it's cold and creepy outsde.  Perfect day to snugge up with hubby and watch a movie, eat some popcorn etc... 

I have been a little confliced at work.  I love what I do, my career is perfect for my personality and my abilities.   I've added on a ton of responsibility and some bonus pay, but, and it's a big but, where do I go from here?  I'm at the top of my pay grade for this company, I'm not feeling effective in what they have me trying to do....SO I've been looking around the company and I've found that one of our Business Units really has some opportunities for me.  Here is the catch....they are in Tulsa.  Yup Tulsa.  NOW there are a TON of pluses to this.   I would love to live in the Tulsa area, weather is great.  I'd be like 3 1/2 hours from my sister.  The company is growing by leaps and bounds.  I think Jeff and I both could benefit career wise and personmally from this move.  NOW...that being said, I love who I work for.  They are family.  How in the world do I say I want to look at other opportunites?  Crazy....absolutely crazy.  If I hated what I did and who I worked for this would be as easy as pie...SEEYA!!  Yes I understand they should be supportive in my career objectives...that's not the point, they will be....the point is that it's still hard to have his conversation.

Well I'm certainly not going to say anything this week.  The Board of Directors are in and there is enough going on I don't need to add to it.  So I have at least a week to figure out my approach.  I have to have a plan and I think I just want to open the door to the possibility..it may not even pan out.   So I guess I'm getting a head of myself.....first the conversation.  Which I think is more about my effectiveness and future prospects more than it is about WOW I want to move to Tulsa....sigh.....life decisions, opportunity to be viewed and reviewed.  I just don't want to miss an opportunity that could alter and enrich our lives for the better.

Okay well now that I've gotten that out there...I'm going back to my cleaning..yipppies for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment