Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Loong Week

Okay so, you know how it is, you have to work late for a few days..no big deal right?  Right...but of course today feels like Friday now...so what happens if I think tomorrow is Saturday?  First I would never live it down around here...some horrific nickname would probably come out of it.  Second...i would probably feel horrible about "forgetting" to come in to work...but I wonder how many people do it?  Forget to go in, don't realize it's not Saturday or a holiday....I've never seen it but it has to happen right?  Especially since I've known people, including myself, get up on Saturday morning and head into work thinking it's a weekday.  Are we that conditioned?  So conditioned to worry about our jobs and our employability that we will get up and go in when we aren't supposed to but we NEVER neglect to head in to work mistakenly....  Not a sick day, I've taken those mental health days, but someone knows I won't be there or that I'm working from home. 

Maybe it's only for a moment and no one really notices since we aren't really late...we skip the shower once we realize it.   Hmmmm may be worth a try one day....would anyone notice?  Would they get really worried?  Would I get in trouble...I guess I'd make up something right?  I wouldn't just tell someone that oh, I forgot it was only Thursday or I thought it was Saturday it's been a long week...

No comments:

Post a Comment