Thursday, December 22, 2011

Agh...off work...sort of..

Okay so as of yesterday, i am off of work for the rest of the year.  Good luck with that.  I have work to complete before the end of the year soooooo i'll have to spend tomorrow morning catching up on that.   But aside from that I am getting my house ready for the holiday.  Kellen and Jason are home this weekend, excitedly enough Kellen is pregnant, yup I said it, she is pregnant and they are thrilled.  So exciting to open this chapter in their lives.  So excited that I get to share it with them.  The baby is due on June 21, 2012...yup my birthday! Of course I would of had a better change of having the baby actual be born on my birthday had the date been a little before or after, when was the last time a baby actually came on the day the dr. said it would...EXACTLY! 

So today will be spent getting the last gifts and pampering myself...yup ME!!!!  I am getting a mani pedi as well as a facial at Mario.  Tomorrow I will get through the work I need to and then the house.  I'll have to figure out what to cook for dinner...since we'll have a full house.   Saturday...Christmas EVE, do you believe it.  Sigh...years do go by fast.  Saturday the boys will go to the shooting range and the girls will go see....the Muppets probably but a movie none the less.  Then Christmas Eve will be spent with my brother and his family, always a great night.  Brings back memories of going to my mom's brothers house for Christmas Eve.  Those were memories for a lifetime.  RJ has never had that, there are no cousin's his age, he doesn't have anyone at these events.  This year, I am looking to spend time with him at my brothers, see if I can get him to play darts or pool.  We'll see how that goes.

Christmas Eve...I'm considering opening all the gifts....my mom and dad always had us open all our gifts Christmas Eve so that mom didn't have to get up at the butt crack of dawn on Christmas Day.  So I think we may go that route.  Of course with all of us it took till 2AM to get through it all...but it was fun.  We shall see we shall see...

Off to start my day today....have to think about New Years Eve...we don't ever really do anything but I think I'd like to start changing that.  We'll see, I may not be able to do much this year but we can plan for next.

No comments:

Post a Comment