Monday, December 19, 2011

Holiday Season

So, we don't make a ton of money.  We don't live in a big house, we save to buy everything and don't use credit.  It's taken us a long time to get here....when the kids were smaller that certainly wasn't the case.  We couldn't save money to save our lives....you know how it is with small kids every time you turn around you are spending money on them...diapers, clothes, etc.. it never ends.  But that is okay...it's how it is...right?  So now we are able to say if we can't pay cash..we don't need it, which is nice.  I've been saving all year to pay for Christmas gifts...I knew it was coming.  I am very excited about all the gifts I got.  I love to buy gifts so it's important to me to save to be able to do that.  Again....it's not a ton of money..everyone isn't getting an iPad or anything....be serious.

I've never been down or depressed about the holiday....even when we were broke and I didn't know how to save.  I enjoy family and friends and the season as it is.  I'm excited about this year as well.  I will have everyone home for Christmas Eve and most of the weekend.  It will be a blast...I'm excited for a new year.   Excited about another year....of course as always I have goals for the year.  Which of course I have every year and which I never reach my personal goals, my career goals are a different story, those always seem to get met.  So this year is all about balance....but we'll get into that later.

I hope everyone can enjoy the holiday...enjoy and not be bitter about what they don't have or are unable to do.  To not be bitter or angry about being sick or hurt.  To enjoy the days as they are and how they are...regardless of how trying any given day can be.  I want everyone to "Be Happy" as per RER. 

Cookie making was wonderful this year...we had a lot of fun.
Sugar cookies....with lots of decorations....



Decorating a gingerbread house...
Window Pane Cookies...yummy sweet!!


We even caught Jeff on Video decorating gingerbread people!!!!!...but it won't upload....figures.

The kids went to the light display at Cuneo Museum...here are a few of those picts and video....
They waited in line for an hour....for a 20 minute car ride through the museum grounds...and paid $10....they had fun and as brother and sister...it was certainly a great memory!!!

Have a great Holiday everyone.....keep it simple!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment