I don't do well....when I make a mistake and let's face it, getting into a healthier lifestyle is hard and you make mistakes along the journey. You fall off the wagon. So these first few months are going to be day by day. I've decided to pick one thing to do everyday of the month at hand. I should be able to handle that, do one single thing everyday. I know that it takes 3 months to make a habit stick, but each month I won't be choosing something huge to change. Like January will be a big one, exercise 20 minutes at minimum everyday before work. Very specific...because I know myself, I know that if I am not specific about what I want to do...I won't do it or I'll lie to myself and do some half ass version of it. NOT THIS TIME!!! January I will spend the month exercising every morning at 5:30AM, I'm up anyway. I will have some choices but it will be pretty basic. Yoga, Eliptical or strength exercises. 20 minutes is the minimum...even if I don't feel like it, or if I have woken up late, or I have a hangover (which a single glass of wine seems to give me these days). 20 MINUTES! It's part of the 30 minutes or more I spend laying in bed with coffee watching TV...waiting to get up. Ridiculous isn't it....not anymore.
People are always telling me that they don't have time for exercise or they are too busy or too tired. NOT me...I have plenty of time in the morning to do it, I am an early riser, always have been, no one in my house is up at 5:30 and Jeff has already gone to work. I have an uninterrupted hour to do as I please...well I please to exercise going forward.
I will exercise for 20 minutes no less..but certainly more if I am being ambitous. So there will be no decisions made about it after today...no well I can do it later or I don't have time etc... I can get into work when I get there...for pete sake how can I NOT be the fittest person on the planet with all this time!!!
I'm also..as I sit here, contemplating if I should or shouldn't do this, it's embarrassing. It's bad...it is....a picture of me NOW, today. Yuck.
But there it is...I've made them small so they don't scare you. Poor dog, has no idea what the heck I am doing or why....
SO..on with it!!! I've put this out there for the world to read so no backing out now and honestly in 6 months if I don't say anyting about all this...you can chaulk it up to giving up. I am determined not to let that happen this time. Again, sitting here thinking...don't hit publish.
No comments:
Post a Comment