I just love long weekends...it gives you time to do your chores and have fun. Usually it's hard to get everything done in one weekend..and of course the long weekend is really no different. I never get to do everything I want to do because all of the sudden I realize that summer is almost over and I haven't done ANY of the things I thought I would so now I have to do them all in the three day weekend....(deep breath)
REALLY...who am I kidding. I have to be thankful for the things that I do get to squeeze into this weekend. Yesterday was a great day...went to a fundraiser for ROAR, had dinner and too many cocktails with the neighbors...woops....and I didn't get lost on my way home (again they are the neighbors as in right next door...).
Today I am taking my daughter to get a knee brace and we will swing by Good Will see if we can't find her some new jeans....she still isn't living here with us, which is really ok, I apparently spoiled her rotten and she seems to be more indebted to the people she is living with. She watches their young son for them which saves them a ton of money and she has a place to live that isn't with my critical self watching over her. I do however see a glimmer of hope (shhh don't want to say that too loud....every time I do it seems to cause her to go backwards) that she may just be coming around to the real world where people work hard and get to enjoy the fruits of those labors on long weekends.... =)
Today and tomorrow I am going to catch up on my reading. Hunger Games.....I need to sit and read and have a glass of wine this afternoon. I am making chicken fried steak, mashed potato's and probably green beans for dinner....something nice and stick to your ribs. I'm also going to plan a few more good meals during the week this week, it seems I am always flying by the seat of my pants when it comes down to dinner time...I want to try to avoid that going forward. A little more planning and couponing and we will be golden for dinners galore...note I did not say gourmet, big difference......
My son and I have been working out....he is really enjoying it. He likes to see the results. In the beginning, which was only about a week or so ago, he could only do push ups part of the way now he can do a full push up, same with a plank he couldn't hold it for very long and now he can go a full 30 seconds. I know that doesn't seem like much to most people but it's a huge step in the right direction for he and I.
Jeff got a letter in the mail from Northwestern University. Because of the extent of his blockage, his age and the surgery he had to have they want him to be part of a genetic marker study. They are trying to see if there are early signs or genetic signs they can see in people before this type of blockage and risk happens. We were lucky, can't believe I'm saying that, but we are lucky that we caught it when we did and that the blockage was where it was and not someplace close to his heart or brain stem.
Well off to put on my yoga pants..yes my yoga pants because I'm too lazy to put on real pants... (love that commercial).
and one last thought as we barrell towards another winter in Chicago......that is the neighbor....waste deep in snow Feb 2011...I better do the things I want to do outside...BEFORE it's too late!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment