Sunday, September 25, 2011

Canning is COOOL!!!!


Cooking down the yummy apples we picked!
 Sooo my canning adventure this weekend was a HUGE success.  We made applesauce.  It is one of the easiest things to make and can.  So Jeff wanted (since he is the only one that is going to eat it) to make red hot apple sauce which is his fav!!!  It came out beautiful.  If he doesn't eat the 4 jars we canned I am giving them for xmas gifts.  Canning was so much easier than I though.  With that being said...I wonder if my neighbor will teach me how to grow veggies....those are the next thing I want to can next year.


In the water bath canner!!

 Making the applesauce was a breeze nobrainer recipe....

Canned Cinn Apple Sauce






Canning was way easier than I had thought it would be.  Of course I did a ton of research and didn't just run into it.  I made sure I understood the science behind it and what needed to align in order for it to be a success... I cannot wait to break into those jars in a few months.


Apple Butter In the Crock
 Of course my apple butter wasn't such a success...I'm not sure what I did wrong and maybe I didn't do anything wrong but it cooked down to half and is still too runny to be butter like.  So, and I could find nothing on this, it might need to cool before becoming spreadable so I am waiting to see. 

RJ has been at a friends all night...I have figured out that I am way tooo nutty and need to start trusting other people more...but I just don't like to put him in situations where he may not do well.  Which in itself makes it so he doesn't do well in certain situations.  The kid is fearless, loves to do whatever he can...I am the chicken.  I am officially letting go.  Right now.  sigh.

Amber has actually picked herself up, dusted off and started to look forward and be happy.  She has two jobs currently!!  She is living with a girl and her father whom are helping her immensely, she doesn't want to take anything from us, she feels more obligated when it's someone else.  SO i have stopped being cynical and let that go and stopped taking it personally, her and I are way too much alike for me to take it personally.

Next weekend will be decorate for the season!!  LOVE Halloween!!!  The week will bring eating all the chili and slow cooker recipe's I made this weekend....I have my lunch ready for the week.  Down 4.5 lbs for 2 weeks, very excited and motivated!!  I am finally making friends with exercise...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment