Wow this short week has FLOWN by. My 21st wedding anniversary was yesterday, hard to believe really. Lot's of ups and downs and now we are really planning our future, not just our kids future. What hubby and I want from our older years...yes I'm serious!!! We had a financial planner take a look....which thankfully we did cuz seriously we would of never retired. It was exhilarating to know that it's not too late at 42 to plan for this and actually be able to do it. So it's a little exciting to think of retirement and the things we can save to do and what we want to have by then. All of our planning has been for the kids and for emergencies and living in a check to check world of small children and dreams for them. Now...well now it's all about the cabin up north that we want and at what age we think we can swing retiring and how I don't want a new car because I won't be able to save as much if i have a car payment....THAT has never been the case we've always wanted shiney new now not later. So we are re looking at our 401k's, opening a ROTH IRA for basic savings...something I find very interesting about the ROTH IRA is that you can put as little as $500 in and you have access to the principal, it takes a little more effort than a plain old savings account but you just fill out the paper and can have the money for an emergency....so it's still liquid but not so liquid it leaks out of your savings account. That is what always seems to happen to ours...I put money in there but it never stays put, I buy this, I buy that, even if I don't really need it.....so I end up pissing away money and then I can't figure out where it all went....very disturbing. So all in all it was a great experience and now I have people to give me advice on how my portfolio (hah) should be divided up etc. to give me the best opportunity for growth and success. I LIKE IT!!
This weekend is apple picking in Woodstock. I refuse to go to the place that is close by...I saw that they shipped in pumpkins and apples and the tree's were all over picked so you really didn't even pick your own apples and they were double the cost...it's nuts!! So we will pick them this week and next weekend will be an entire weekend of making pies and apple sauce and apple butter!!! I am absolutely excited!!!
Oh and they come and install my carpet on Monday!!! Very excited about that too!!
No comments:
Post a Comment